Home Guilds Contact

Author Topic: Updates a Plenty!  (Read 1494 times)

October 01, 2011, 11:04:39 AM

Offline Laz

• Administrator
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

• Awards A member with technical expertise.
So today is a big day because we have as of now completely changed web hosts!

What does this mean for you guys?

To start with it means much faster forum and website speeds (the site & forums are already running 20x faster), it also means room for future functionality with web applications and other fun things that we can add along the way!

So what happened to the old site?

Well technically the old site is right where I left it, however our web address now points to a different server and it's just not prudent to import the entire old site over.  I do know that I put it down a bit sooner than people were expecting so I may at some point try and set up a temporary way to access the old forums to get posts back as I still have the database.

What do I need to do with the new site?

If you have not yet done so already please register a new account on the forums. If you belong in the guild members group and have not yet been added select the drop down menu way at the top called "Forum Memberships" (in the forum menu) and choose guild membership. Write a quick blurb with your characters name in the comment box and submit, well see that your added.

How do I upload pictures to the gallery?

While anyone can view the gallery you need to be in the Guildmember Group to be able to upload (this is to prevent spam)

How do I add events to the calendar?

Again like before gotta be in the Guildmember Group.

Do we have an Afterdark forum like before?

Yes we do, in fact we have an Afterdark gallery too but you have to sign up for the Afterdark Membergroup the same way you sign up for the Guild Membergroup from the drop down menu in the forum at the very top.

I'll add more info as I think of it, by the way if anyone notices any glitches or problems please send me a private message with details so I can get it fixed. I think I've got most of the glitches from importing the site fixed but there may be the random one I missed

Thanks

Laz
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 02:26:10 PM by Laz »

October 01, 2011, 02:15:09 PM
Reply #1

Offline Agrim

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

Forums are way faster.  Nice work!