Home Guilds Contact

Author Topic: Great PCGamer preview of SWTOR  (Read 519 times)

October 02, 2011, 06:48:56 AM

Offline Marak

• World of Warcraft
  • Guild Master
  • Level 4 Poster
  • Professional Smartass
    • Primary Game

• Awards A member with technical expertise.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/09/30/the-old-republic-preview/

...There are serious quality of life improvements for MMO players. First: death is painless. If you die, you can respawn in situ by calling in a medical bot. You’ll then have a few seconds of immunity to find a safe location. All players seem to be able to resurrect other players out of combat freely, from level one. The smuggler includes a recuperation ability that lets him recover health and action points in a very short space of time. And, finally, companion characters can be sent back to town to sell any junk items – like Torchlight’s pet cats and dogs...
- Marak / Greebo / Cavindra / IzzyTheFool

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die".

October 10, 2011, 09:30:14 AM
Reply #1

Offline Thornbeard

• Guild Member
  • Level 1 Poster
    • Primary Game

I have been in beta since around Jan, and I can say I hands down love the game. Remember when we all played EQ, UO, SWG, or DoAC and we got beta invites to WoW? Remember how when you first started playing WoW that you knew hands down that you were never going back to your old game.

That is what it felt like to me. Story is so huge a deal in SWTOR that it is amazing. Btw if anyone here is in beta send me a pm.