Home Guilds Contact

Author Topic: Marak's Random Music  (Read 928 times)

November 04, 2011, 04:34:21 PM

Offline Marak

• World of Warcraft
  • Guild Master
  • Level 4 Poster
  • Professional Smartass
    • Primary Game

• Awards A member with technical expertise.
Maybe not completely random. I like a wide range of music, and can tolerate even more. As long as it's not rap or slow-drawling country crap, I can probably at least stomach it. This thread however is going to be for my favorites, which range from electronica, to classic rock, and back to 90's grunge. Any of the songs you find me posting, can also be found in mp3 form on my FTP. (If you don't know what that is, just ask me privately.)   I'm sure others will post their favorites as well, and are welcome too.

So to start us off, here's one of the songs from my "grinding playlist". Whenever I'm out herbing, or doing some mindless task in a game, I have a set of songs just for that occasion. Laugh now.. we'll see who's using some of them in a month or two. This remix is the best version, and upbeat. Great motivation. Don't play while driving, you'll speed. Trust me on that.

James Doman - Everything's Gonna Be Alright (Carl Ryden Remix)

- Marak / Greebo / Cavindra / IzzyTheFool

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die".

November 04, 2011, 08:09:14 PM
Reply #1

Offline TheSnork

• Officer
  • Level 3 Poster
  • Sponges... I needs em!
    • Primary Game

• Awards A member of the guild who has been around for a very very long time.
I was to busy staring at the picture the first go around had to listen to it a second time. I like it...

I've been listening to a lot of Dubstep lately... I don't know how I really started listening to it honestly but I like the huge bass drops and the transformers sounds. Wierd

November 05, 2011, 01:32:50 PM
Reply #2

Offline Marak

• World of Warcraft
  • Guild Master
  • Level 4 Poster
  • Professional Smartass
    • Primary Game

I've been listening to a lot of Dubstep lately... I don't know how I really started listening to it honestly but I like the huge bass drops and the transformers sounds. Wierd

Dubstep is hit or miss for me. It seems like for every song I find I like, the next 50 sound like modem noise from the 1990s. It's really a case by base basis, so I can't claim it as one of my favorites. There are the exceptional few, like Skrillex - Slats Slats Slats. Enjoy.

SKRILLEX - Slats slats slats

And here's a video version just for you Snork...

Skrillex - Slats Slats Slats

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die".

November 05, 2011, 09:03:54 PM
Reply #3

Offline TheSnork

• Officer
  • Level 3 Poster
  • Sponges... I needs em!
    • Primary Game

Thank you for thinking of me lol. I actually picked up new Skrillex.

Mt Eden is really good
Mt Eden - Daniel (HD)

I kinda like Borgore hes a bit of a perv

Borgore - Ice Cream

November 06, 2011, 10:12:46 PM
Reply #4

Culdun

Ok,  you listen to some reaaly strange stuff.  Gimme the metal,  im an oldschool headbanger. 
I go from Kiss to Korn and most of the metal in between. Remember kids  "if its too loud, your too old".

November 07, 2011, 08:12:36 PM
Reply #5

Offline TheSnork

• Officer
  • Level 3 Poster
  • Sponges... I needs em!
    • Primary Game

Ok,  you listen to some reaaly strange stuff.  Gimme the metal,  im an oldschool headbanger. 
I go from Kiss to Korn and most of the metal in between. Remember kids  "if its too loud, your too old".

Challenge accepted...!!!!

My current obsession
THE AGONIST - Business Suits and Combat Boots (OFFICIAL VIDEO)

On a side note The Deftones is my go to band when I need a good pick me up. Like bossman though my music is all over the place, I pretty much listen to everything BUT country

November 07, 2011, 09:27:03 PM
Reply #6

Offline Marak

• World of Warcraft
  • Guild Master
  • Level 4 Poster
  • Professional Smartass
    • Primary Game

Culdun, Snork gave you some good stuff, so I'm going to Challenge YOU, instead!

This is a wicked ambient trance chillout song, don't let that strong beat in the beginning fool you. If I was a person who meditated, ha, I would meditate to this. There are certain songs that can just calm me no matter how irriated I am. This is one of them. Time to broaden your horizons!

Darren Tate - Echoes

I discovered electronica my junior year of highschool, 91 or 92. It was The Chemical Brothers, a kid had the cd in his Sony Discman (No iPods back then), and I gave it a listen. Before that, everything I listened too had a guitar and at least one flannel shirt. No joke.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 09:29:09 PM by Marak »

November 09, 2011, 02:12:23 AM
Reply #7

Offline Laz

• Administrator
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

What?  It's Music :)

Edit: for those of you who don't play Minecraft that's not a MIDI file playing in the background it's coming from the contraption he built in game!

Minecraft Note Blocks - He's a Pirate (Pirates of the Caribbean)

« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 10:54:07 AM by Laz »

November 14, 2011, 03:21:16 PM
Reply #8

Offline Marak

• World of Warcraft
  • Guild Master
  • Level 4 Poster
  • Professional Smartass
    • Primary Game

Bartlett bros feat Marcia Juell - Let it flow (audiosonique remix)

This is another from my chillout mix, although listening to it by itself... It's probably not the greatest example of relaxation. It is however a great vocal trance track, and hey, it relaxes me.

No pretty picture, sorry. The other one on youtube has bass disturbance, bad encode.

December 05, 2011, 10:01:27 PM
Reply #9

Offline Marak

• World of Warcraft
  • Guild Master
  • Level 4 Poster
  • Professional Smartass
    • Primary Game

For Mitch. God save the Queen.

Basement Jaxx - "U Don't Know Me"

January 10, 2012, 01:08:59 AM
Reply #10

Offline Marak

• World of Warcraft
  • Guild Master
  • Level 4 Poster
  • Professional Smartass
    • Primary Game

Some good grinding and/or pvp music

December 18, 2012, 11:39:56 PM
Reply #11

Offline Vladingholt

• Guild Member
  • Level 1 Poster
  • The Legendary (One-Shotted) Healer!
    • Primary Game

Oh noes, time to resurrect this thread with some Arty!

January 11, 2013, 07:19:59 PM
Reply #12

Offline Marak

• World of Warcraft
  • Guild Master
  • Level 4 Poster
  • Professional Smartass
    • Primary Game

August 11, 2013, 04:11:40 AM
Reply #13

Offline Marak

• World of Warcraft
  • Guild Master
  • Level 4 Poster
  • Professional Smartass
    • Primary Game

I've found something unusual, but good. It's worth reviving this thread for.  :P

Must watch the three videos in order. I suggest fullscreen, and 1080p. Visually stunning. The last one might even give you chills.

First Video

Second Video

Last Video