Home Guilds Contact

Author Topic: SW:TOR guilds  (Read 529 times)

October 14, 2011, 11:51:05 PM

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

first off, let's import the important part:

Lastly, as you may have noticed, we have finally created the TWO guilds for Star Wars: The Old Republic. I will be leaving a more detailed post in the beginning of October, but I'll try to answer a few questions now.

1) Both guilds, will be run by this gaming group. Rift Runners (Rebel) will be run by Jazrael, and Shadows of Kesh (Sith) will be run by Zathos.

2) You may join BOTH guilds if you so desire, I know I will be. As far as I know, EA/Bioware has not yet announced how many chars slots per account, or if you can have cross faction chars on the same account. When we know, we'll post that info for you.

3) These guilds are pre-formed, and already marked at war. Yes folks, from day 1 we'll be able to kill each other, or die trying. PVP is markedly more fun when it's your friends and there is no risk of griefing early in the game. No matter which guild you pick, you will be able to battle the other. Come at me, bro!

4) Rift Runners (Rebel) will be focusing on Roleplay/PVE. Jazrael will be posting an introduction and summary to her guild in the SWTOR forum next month.

5) Shadows of Kesh (Sith) will be focusing on PVP/PVE. Zathos will be posting an introduction and summary to his guild in the SWTOR next month.

6) You are not required to join either of these guilds to belong to our group. If you find another guild to join, we'll still love you. Probably going to kill you every chance we get, but we still love you.

7) Yes, Han did shoot first.

not included in the above (since i couldn't find the quote):  orinn has also started a blackwater seawolves guild just to preserve the name.

just fyi:  you can only apply to one guild, at least as far as the pre-order stuff is concerned.  when i tried to apply to both it removed my application from the first guild.  it is NOT very obvious that this is happening, so be aware!  not sure if this is a recent thing or what.  also not sure what the rules will be post-launch.

if we want all 3 guilds to start the game, i believe we'll need to make sure at least 4 people are in each one.  at the moment, the "blackwater seawolves" one only has 3 people, rift runners has 5 and SoK has 15 (as of oct 15).  i'm guessing SoK has so many more because people thought they were signing up for both and happened to sign up for that one second?  that's what almost happened to me.  no idea if you can move guilds freely once the game has started.  it's also worth noting there's nothing guaranteeing we'll all end up on the same server (especially since SoK & RRs are listed as RP, and BWS is listed as PVE).

also, just to let jaz know, i applied to her guild.  :)

October 15, 2011, 02:32:17 PM
Reply #1

Offline Thornbeard

• Guild Member
  • Level 1 Poster
    • Primary Game

Well if both the Rift Runners and the SoK sign up as each others adversaries then there is a really high chance that they will be put on the same server. That was the entire reason for the adversaries and allies system.

October 15, 2011, 06:31:19 PM
Reply #2

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

oh, absolutely.  i think the odds are as high as you can get for those two being connected.  but nothing is guaranteed - that was all i meant.  also, BWS has a much higher chance of being off on its own (i would think), unless it switches to RP?  no idea.  then again, maybe that's totally cool?

October 16, 2011, 04:20:16 PM
Reply #3

Offline Thornbeard

• Guild Member
  • Level 1 Poster
    • Primary Game

Well according to the post Marak made the BWS guild is not actually going to be used for SWTOR. Because how would you determine which faction gets it? Also the fact that the name makes little sense in the Star Wars universe. Marak said that it was made just in case the name was needed for SWTOR. Now its not. So going forward there is only going to be Rift Runners and SoK(I see wot u did there :P) in TOR. BWS will still exist in WoW.