Home Guilds Contact

Author Topic: SKYRIM!!!!  (Read 3619 times)

November 17, 2011, 09:58:06 AM
Reply #15

Offline sarianas

• Guild Member
  • Level 1 Poster
    • Primary Game

Blame me all you want, I'm not the one who went off fighting giants and left my dragon corpse alone.  You're lucky I left you any gold.

November 17, 2011, 03:35:43 PM
Reply #16

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

Btw, has anyone found that the speech or lockpick perks are worth anything other than convenience?  I'm not really having trouble getting gold in this game, so speech seems like it might not be too necessary, and even picking master locks is easy enough as long as you have a zillion lockpicks.  It feels like you get so few perks in the game (only 50-70 or so) that I don't feel like I can spend them on stuff like that when I NEED them for stuff like "archery does 20% more damage."  I mean, maybe they're more useful late-game but by then I should have even MORE gold and better equipment and whatever.  (Granted, I already discovered one house costs 25k, so maybe you -do- still need lots of gold later...)

November 17, 2011, 03:38:19 PM
Reply #17

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

ps.  If you still want to know anything about alchemical ingredients, gamefaqs has a complete listing here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/faqs/63353

They have a list of all ingredients and what they do, and a list of all potions and how to make them, so you can look it up either way.

November 20, 2011, 02:55:31 AM
Reply #18

Offline Marak

• World of Warcraft
  • Guild Master
  • Level 4 Poster
  • Professional Smartass
    • Primary Game

• Awards A member with technical expertise.
- Marak / Greebo / Cavindra / IzzyTheFool

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die".

November 20, 2011, 10:27:39 AM
Reply #19

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

I knew a guy who existed on soft drinks, smarties, and ice cream sandwiches for quite some time (at least a month) while he played various games (especially that super-hero MMO) and generally failed several classes.  I think he had this joke beat by like a mile, except it wasn't funny.

(He is still alive and even got married, btw.)

November 21, 2011, 01:56:38 PM
Reply #20

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

So I've gotten to level 30 and killed at least 10+ dragons...  Some of them are noticeably easier than other monsters now, which is certainly weird.  (Mostly this has to do with the fact that dragons are slow and kill you slowly, while some mages and a few monsters can kill you in a couple of seconds.  I fought an electric mage that could kill me in 3 seconds.  That one sucked.)  I've discovered lots of words but I still forget to use any of them.  :)

One weird thing to note:  apparently there are a limited number of dragon souls in the game; I know because I killed a dragon in the same spot twice and the second time I did not get a soul from it.  I am thinking it was the same "spawn" point for a dragon - other people online have noticed this, too - and if I went back again there's a chance a dragon could spawn there again and I'd also not get a soul.  I have to say:  it's very weird to see a dead dragon, since they typically go to "bone" as soon as they are down.  Also, I have yet to remember to cast soul trap on one...

I've recovered one (decidedly evil) daedra artifact, and I'm close to getting 3 more.  Sometimes the game convinces you that honestly:  maybe it would have been better if you'd have left that incredibly powerful item alone and locked up.  :)

November 21, 2011, 09:57:24 PM
Reply #21

Offline Marak

• World of Warcraft
  • Guild Master
  • Level 4 Poster
  • Professional Smartass
    • Primary Game

I know what you mean. I ran out of shelf room.

(Poker Face)  :-X

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die".

November 22, 2011, 01:43:27 AM
Reply #22

Offline Mongojerry

• Officer
  • Level 1 Poster
    • Primary Game

http://www.thedailyblink.com/2011/11/when-skyrim-meets-wow/
Had to lol at this one.
Skyrim and BF3 are sucking up my soul. I'll be back when 4.3 drops.  :)
Sparc, Mongo, Mumiah, Katerina and a couple of other ones

November 22, 2011, 12:35:36 PM
Reply #23

Offline Marak

• World of Warcraft
  • Guild Master
  • Level 4 Poster
  • Professional Smartass
    • Primary Game

Holy shit..

http://ppsh-41.tumblr.com/post/13145143504/entire-tamriel-landmass-built-into-skyrim

This has to be for some future dlc, I can't believe they made the entire continent and only allow you in one area (albeit, a huge freaking area).

November 22, 2011, 01:49:08 PM
Reply #24

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

Ha, that looks like the Harry Potter vault chamber in book 7...  :)

Re: the map, I'm guessing it's not really planned for DLC or really anything.  They may have just put down most of the land past the "edge" of the game just so you could see things off in the distance.  And it may be that they already had the entire thing mapped out and they're just putting stuff out there because it was simpler that way (as opposed to cutting it off).  Or maybe they would create a playground to test things; who knows.  I couldn't see it used for DLC though because it would break how the rest of the game works now (they have to be able to restrict you from going further somehow).  Then again, that gate (which I've found, randomly) just stops you from going further, so I guess they don't care about invisible walls...

November 27, 2011, 10:57:37 PM
Reply #25

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

Level 36 and my bow's current damage is 133 + arrow + enchantment, which gets turned into ~400+ with a sneak attack.  :)  I invested in smithing and enchanting - something I expect will become the de-facto advice for all builds - and I can take a glass bow, improve it to "legendary" quality, enchant it, and then enchant my bracers, ring, and necklace to all improve archery further (should probably do something with the head slot as well, but I have that cool +20% archery mask).  My boots increase sneaking, which is already over 80.  Haven't tried my new bow out on many folks yet but earlier I had a 70-something damage bow and nearly everything died in 1 sneak attack.

Hilariously my main problem at the moment is a lack of dragons.  I need about 7 or 8 to fill out all the words I've found.  Also at least 3 dragons have basically fled from me:  they never turned into a red dot but just circled around no matter what I shot or flung at them and then took off.  So weird.  Anyone else have trouble with that?

I've given up on alchemy:  potions and ingredients weigh too much and I always forget to use them.  :)  Also, I still think speech perks are useless:  I have items that give me up to 30% better prices and I was easily over 40k gold at level 32 (I've bought 3 houses and completely decked them out, including the Solitude one - honestly I don't know what else money is for in this game).

A friend of mine is playing a one-handed nord in heavy armor using resto and destruction spells in his other hand.  I thought it was a cool idea but honestly you really only get to max out about 5 or 6 skills, perk-wise:  that requires 4 off the bat.  Bow + sneak is only 2.

November 28, 2011, 01:24:58 PM
Reply #26

Offline Marak

• World of Warcraft
  • Guild Master
  • Level 4 Poster
  • Professional Smartass
    • Primary Game

The dragons that only circle overheard, and fly away... fly in the direction of a dragonword shrine, where you can find them later. They are 'hints'.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 01:27:51 PM by Marak »

December 04, 2011, 09:19:01 AM
Reply #27

Offline Marak

• World of Warcraft
  • Guild Master
  • Level 4 Poster
  • Professional Smartass
    • Primary Game