Home Guilds Contact

Author Topic: 1.8 -1.9??  (Read 630 times)

November 15, 2011, 05:10:24 PM

Offline Ripvelana

• Guild Member
  • Level 2 Poster
    • Primary Game

When is the server going to be brought up to 1.9? Just wondering when I should update my Minecraft version?

Thanks!
My main in WoW is Ripvelana... Your resident Elevator Boss Tank!

November 16, 2011, 12:20:04 AM
Reply #1

Offline Laz

• Administrator
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

• Awards A member with technical expertise.
Actually it's probably going to be more like 1.0 because when Minecraft goes Gold pretty soon the version numbers will be reset.  As to upgrading I would suggest to hovering with 1.8.1 for a little bit after the updates come out because all the mods and hacks we run will be lagging behind by a week or so in getting their updates done as well.

November 16, 2011, 06:51:28 PM
Reply #2

Offline Marak

• World of Warcraft
  • Guild Master
  • Level 4 Poster
  • Professional Smartass
    • Primary Game

Our server will be down for an entire day (or close to it), as I try to import a few structures into the new world file. I also plan to make a new kit with a few starter tools, to get people jump started on the new world file.

If there is anything you'd like changed or looked into with the current mods we have on the server, now is the time to voice your thoughts! I know there were some grumblings about how the chest lock/protection thing was default for every chest.
- Marak / Greebo / Cavindra / IzzyTheFool

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die".

November 20, 2011, 12:03:37 PM
Reply #3

Offline Laz

• Administrator
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

I know there were some grumblings about how the chest lock/protection thing was default for every chest.

So I turned that off they no longer auto register when you drop a chest, still waiting on the release of the new craftbukkit though

November 20, 2011, 11:39:09 PM
Reply #4

Gartanon

Why not just grab the backup of your current world and go vanilla for a bit there's so much new content in 1.0 for ppl to learn that it would be a good testing server till bukkit comes (recent blogs are saying 1 - 2 week lag on most plugins due to major code changes from 1.8.1 to 1.0)

I took my own Build-craft / Industrial Craft server down for now until the mods are all updated. and Red-power is about to go beta form its current pre-release states.