Home Guilds Contact

Author Topic: Gaming Laptop  (Read 25 times)

September 01, 2019, 03:50:17 PM

Offline Ayripht

• Guild Member
  • Level 1 Poster
  • "Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"
    • Primary Game

I am looking to purchase a new gaming laptop and I am totally lost.  I reviewed several online today but I have no clue what I'm looking at to be honest.  As far as specs, I am in the dark.  There were so many to customize but I don't know what to customize.  Is there anything I can look at buying that is ready to go?  I bought one a few months ago online and it's not that good, sadly.  I didn't know what i was looking for and it had good reviews but it just doesn't World of Warcraft very well.  Not like my desktop anyways.  I'm looking for something that will keep up with the speed I want.  I will not have anything else downloaded on the laptop, only World of Warcraft.

Thanks for any help I may receive.  If what I typed even makes sense.  HaHa
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."  ~ Jayne, Firefly

September 07, 2019, 03:06:58 PM
Reply #1

Offline Laz

• Administrator
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

• Awards A member with technical expertise.
In general WoW is more CPU heavy than most games so you want a solid processor. Look for an I7 Intel or equivalent processor or better. The other thing you should look for is a Solid State Drive which will dramatically speed up your gaming performance on many games. I've never found that wow needed a top of the line graphics card to run well, you can get away with anything mid range unless your looking for ultra settings with super pretty detail. I've found over the years I've had better luck with Nvidia GeForce rather than ATI but thats just a personal opinion.