Home Guilds Contact

Author Topic: PRE-LOAD THE GAME NOW  (Read 447 times)

December 10, 2011, 08:54:44 PM

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

SWTOR.com is currently unavailable while we perform scheduled maintenance. Please check back again soon!

Um, really?  You scheduled a maintenance window on the Saturday of the pre-download window?  Really guys?  Or did your website just crash?  Either answer does not inspire confidence.

The site's been down all day; anyone got it pre-downloaded yet?

December 11, 2011, 12:46:08 AM
Reply #1

Offline Jazrael

• Rift Runners
  • Officer
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

• Awards This title is earned by people who have done their part to further create and enhance the lore of the game for themselves and other players as well. Often in the forms of Roleplaying or Writing Fiction.
The news announcement was up 2 days ago for the pre-load.   I was able to get it on the 8th and it downloaded fine.  The early access may start on the 13th, but I think they are going to stagger the invitations to play that early.  Some may get in on the 13th, then others may get the invitation on the 15th and so on.   

« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 08:57:52 AM by Jazrael »

December 11, 2011, 09:47:15 AM
Reply #2

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

Today (Sunday) I've been able to get to the site.  Still, it seems like a really silly decision to have the site down on Saturday...  Quite a popular web traffic/gaming day, I'd wager?  Anyway now I've got it downloading, although not without some degree of headache, which again... doesn't bode well.  When the account creation / set up / log in process is annoying, it makes you wonder how easy it will be to play the game.  There seems to traditionally be a direct correlation between these two things.

Still, high hopes!  :)  I think you're right about the staggered entries; that seems to be so that people who pre-registered ages ago can reserve all the coolest names first, which is fair (like Frances Skywalker and Darth Stroyer - just kidding! :)).  Makes me wonder if you can do like WoW and just reserve a name by making a dummy character, or how many characters per realm we'll be able to make at first?  Seems exciting!