Home Guilds Contact

Author Topic: where's the crunch?  (Read 539 times)

December 12, 2011, 04:52:56 PM

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

I know the game doesn't really go live until tomorrow, but does anyone have any leads to some websites that have the "crunch" details?  Stuff like, what racial bonuses do, which followers are best at which crew skills, what classes work well with what skills, etc.  I haven't found anything myself and the swtor.com site only has fluff (all good stuff, granted, but no crunch).  Or is it just too early yet?

Or, do any of these things matter?  For example, I know WoW went out of its way to have profession synergies and switching professions was painful since you "lose" your skill points; will this game be different in that you can switch around at any time?  I've also found at least one site that seems to say that there are no racial abilities (other than basically emotes); is that the case?

December 12, 2011, 04:58:54 PM
Reply #1

Offline losmortos

• Guild Member
  • Level 1 Poster
    • Primary Game

December 13, 2011, 10:18:28 AM
Reply #2

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

Thanks a bunch!  torhead looks to be exactly what I was looking for, although like WoWhead (of which it is an exact duplicate) you sort of have to already know what you're searching for in order to use it (and still no racial stats - maybe they don't exist).  The others don't really have much crunch (or they hide it well).

Also, I noticed this article which seems like a very nice intro for anyone who still hasn't played the game yet (like me); it's a sort of intro to the game for WoW players:

http://www.torhead.com/guides/swtor-for-the-wow-player