Home Guilds Contact

Author Topic: Server Maintenance seems to have taken our world away  (Read 676 times)

January 08, 2012, 06:30:55 AM

Offline Jazrael

• Rift Runners
  • Officer
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

• Awards This title is earned by people who have done their part to further create and enhance the lore of the game for themselves and other players as well. Often in the forms of Roleplaying or Writing Fiction.
Don't panic.. there was a server maintenance and it seems the world has been lost.  But we are putting a ticket in to get everything back.. hopefully soon.  :)

Jaz

January 08, 2012, 05:32:08 PM
Reply #1

Offline Ripvelana

• Guild Member
  • Level 2 Poster
    • Primary Game

Just wanted to say thank you very much to whomever either absconded with all of my stuff or blew up my little house with a creeper... it isn't like losing everything we had built was bad enough, but now I get to spawn back in and find everything I had gone.... so... THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! because it isn't like I wanted to play it anyways
My main in WoW is Ripvelana... Your resident Elevator Boss Tank!

January 08, 2012, 10:05:17 PM
Reply #2

Offline Marak

• World of Warcraft
  • Guild Master
  • Level 4 Poster
  • Professional Smartass
    • Primary Game

• Awards A member with technical expertise.
Deep breaths Rip..

Also, I blame Orinn.
- Marak / Greebo / Cavindra / IzzyTheFool

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die".

January 08, 2012, 11:09:37 PM
Reply #3

Offline Ripvelana

• Guild Member
  • Level 2 Poster
    • Primary Game

lol.. ok... thanks... always able to defuse the panic....!

January 09, 2012, 10:53:02 AM
Reply #4

Offline Marak

• World of Warcraft
  • Guild Master
  • Level 4 Poster
  • Professional Smartass
    • Primary Game

I just got word, they are restoring our files from a backup from friday. Worst case, you guys lost a day or so. Be patient, it looks like Laz is going to have to manually move the addons back into the proper folders to get things working right again.
- Marak / Greebo / Cavindra / IzzyTheFool

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die".

January 09, 2012, 12:39:41 PM
Reply #5

Offline Ripvelana

• Guild Member
  • Level 2 Poster
    • Primary Game

lol.. cool.. Thanks for the update Marak... and Laz, don't stress too bad about it, other than the /home & /back commands not being available the 'new' world isn't so terribad. It was actually kind of fun, aside from there being no trees and it spawning you so far from any protected area.... oh... and those creepers were insane in both number and explosion power....but all in all, really good learning experience. :D

January 09, 2012, 01:27:42 PM
Reply #6

Offline Laz

• Administrator
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

Server has been restored to it's previous Glory, if you notice you have items missing Post your list of losses (20 diamond blocks will not be refunded  :P) and I'll get them restored for you.

January 09, 2012, 02:16:32 PM
Reply #7

Offline Ripvelana

• Guild Member
  • Level 2 Poster
    • Primary Game

Thank you sir!!! Truly appreciate it!!!! I will get on tonight and let you know if I am missing something!

January 10, 2012, 10:12:46 AM
Reply #8

Offline Ripvelana

• Guild Member
  • Level 2 Poster
    • Primary Game

Hey Laz... seems I am missing 2 diamonds, a diamond pick axe and sword, an iron helm (mostly worn out, but still missing) and about 30-ish iron ore (out of the rest of what I am missing, these are the most important)...

Thank you sir!!

January 10, 2012, 02:50:47 PM
Reply #9

Offline Laz

• Administrator
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

Hey Laz... seems I am missing 2 diamonds, a diamond pick axe and sword, an iron helm (mostly worn out, but still missing) and about 30-ish iron ore (out of the rest of what I am missing, these are the most important)...

Thank you sir!!

There's a secure chest in town square for you with your items.

January 11, 2012, 04:26:53 PM
Reply #10

Offline Ripvelana

• Guild Member
  • Level 2 Poster
    • Primary Game

Laz, thanks for your perseverance on this... Appreciate having my favorite Lego world playable again!