Home Guilds Contact

Author Topic: World Events!  (Read 399 times)

April 15, 2012, 09:54:52 PM

Offline Tierant

• Officer
  • Level 4 Poster
    • Primary Game

• Awards A member of the guild who has been around for a very very long time.
So they started doing world events in TOR today. Right now there's Imperial News Channels in Fleet (Republic too, I imagine) saying to stay away from Tatooine, because it's quarantined for Rakghoul outbreaks.

There's a new Daily zone in the Dune Sea. Supposedly there's a bunch of new bosses there, and new currency to buy stuff. Dunno what yet, I'll update when I know more.

I do know the Rakghoul plague will spread like the Scourge Plague did in WoW at the end of BC, leading up to Wrath. And it will kill you if you have it, after a while. And its communicable.  ;D

April 16, 2012, 07:51:44 AM
Reply #1

Offline Ehlron

• Officer
  • Level 1 Poster
    • Primary Game

Sounds like we need to go kill off these beasts.  Now if we can just get a group together.

Ehlron/Carriva

April 16, 2012, 08:23:16 AM
Reply #2

Offline Tierant

• Officer
  • Level 4 Poster
    • Primary Game

Update:

It looks like this event will be a limited time, and some of it is good for all levels. The world bosses are tuned for endgamers, but I'll get to that in a minute.

When you go to Tatooine, there'll be a new crashed starship in the Dune Sea. There's an [Area] quest there, where stepping into the area gives you the quest. You'll have to kill some infected crewmen, and avoid getting the 'lightheaded' debuff. There's a vaccine you can buy from any meddroid too.

If you have the lightheaded buff for 10 minutes, you'll get a 2nd debuff for another 10 minutes. If you're not cured by then, you explode, infecting anyone around you.
(you also get extra Rakghoul DNA credits but I'll also get to that).

Completing the area quest gives you 'Rakghoul DNA credits', which can be spent at a jawa vendor in the area for different colored weapon crystals (green and black, special customizations for companions (they make your companion look all spooky) and a rakghoul minipet.

There's an optional quest that takes you out to eastern Tatooine tracking down a crashed escape pod with a bunch of Sand people. There's a lot of codex entries if you do this one.

Also, I need to follow up on this investigation but there's another crashed escape pod in Mos Ila/Anchorhead that leads you on a twelve step quest for another (different color) rakghoul pet. Since it's a limited time deal, this'll be the only time to get one. I'll let you know what I find out.

April 16, 2012, 08:29:10 AM
Reply #3

Offline Tierant

• Officer
  • Level 4 Poster
    • Primary Game

Sounds like we need to go kill off these beasts.  Now if we can just get a group together.

Ehlron/Carriva

A side benefit from these events is that there's PEOPLE in Fleet again. I saw 138 people in Imperial fleet at 10:30pm on a sunday. That's amazing. They were roleplaying, having infection parties, and even an ops group got together to get the +10 datacron. And I have to mention the amount of role playing going on at the daily area between Jedi and Sith was amazing too. There was debating going on who would trigger the final boss of the questline first.

The world bosses are no joke. There's 3 of them. My pug did the infected Bantha which just happens to be in the Outlaw's Den, a free-for-all PVP area. He had crazy regen, and spawned elite adds that needed to be taken down quickly. My videocard could barely keep up. A lot of willpower prototypes dropped. The PVP added a touch of danger since any repub or asshat imperial group could have griefed us, but they didn't thankfully.

I understand there's 2 more world bosses to fight. I'm interested in getting the codex entries for each of them.

April 17, 2012, 04:30:34 PM
Reply #4

Offline Tierant

• Officer
  • Level 4 Poster
    • Primary Game

According to the TOR Devs:

Attention citizens:

We are happy to announce that we are starting to make progress in the neutralization of the Rakghoul Plague Outbreak. It is our hope that the outbreak will be completely contained by April 24th at 2AM CDT (12AM PDT/3AM EDT/8AM BST/9AM CEST/5PM AEST). Citizens have until this time to completely avoid Tatooine and to not engage in investigations of suspicious wreckage on its surface.

Thank you.

They're adding new quests to this area every day until then. So there's no reason to not explore the wreckage and get some cool items. Unless you're a hypocondriac. Everyone knows you can't get rakghoul plague from sand. 

>.> true story.