Home Guilds Contact

Author Topic: World versus World - WvW  (Read 781 times)

July 23, 2012, 09:07:36 AM

Offline Jazrael

• Rift Runners
  • Officer
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

• Awards This title is earned by people who have done their part to further create and enhance the lore of the game for themselves and other players as well. Often in the forms of Roleplaying or Writing Fiction.
Here's a video clip of WvW, it shows you some basic pvp play inside the world versus world area. 

WvW is where 3 servers come together to battle it out in pvp.

Here's a link to the GW2 Wiki to explain the WvW more in depth.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wvw

September 06, 2012, 01:55:50 PM
Reply #1

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

do we have any specific times we'd like to get as many guildies together and try this out?  should we try to schedule something or is everyone still getting their feet wet?

September 06, 2012, 09:10:55 PM
Reply #2

Offline Jazrael

• Rift Runners
  • Officer
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

• Awards This title is earned by people who have done their part to further create and enhance the lore of the game for themselves and other players as well. Often in the forms of Roleplaying or Writing Fiction.
We've been going in there and asking anyone online to come with us.  A few of us have gotten our feet wet and some aren't "ready".  What kind of pirates are you!   

We'll be going in there on Saturday afternoon and we also have a little "adventure" planned.   

September 24, 2012, 01:15:43 PM
Reply #3

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

i know this forum isn't exactly the best place for up-to-the-minute information, but for those of you playing GW2 who haven't hit "B" recently, our server is actually kicking a lot of butt in WvW today (sept. 24).  (probably because we got our butts handed to us so badly last week.)  we took and have pretty much kept the central castle in the eternal battlegrounds all weekend, and we were dominating two out of the three border worlds.  i say this because this is a perfect time to get your maps completed!  :)  especially the central castle - the only way to get those points of interest is if you have it.  i've been running around like crazy trying to get some map points, and i'd have more if i had more time!  it's easy XP and it helps you understand how the maps work, as well.  be sure to equip your class's speed boosting weapon while you run around...

September 27, 2012, 02:07:47 PM
Reply #4

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

re:  a discussion on guild claiming (claiming a tower/keep for your guild)

this doesn't seem to cost anything but it also doesn't seem to really do much for you, either.  it might generate influence?  mainly it allows us to use WvW buffs to help places we've claimed, but as far i can tell you have to purchase the buffs with influence to use them anyway.

the default for guilds is now to allow all members to claim for that guild; when we started, normal members weren't able to.  Cuendae (and/or Jaz) can you set us to allow members (and not just officers) to do so?  or do you want to keep it limited?

October 03, 2012, 10:40:36 AM
Reply #5

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

more info on claiming:

Anyone with guild permission to claim can claim regardless of participation in the event. You don't need to be in the vicinity or even on the map when the fortification was taken. If you just lost a location that you claimed, there appears to be a cooldown before you can reclaim the location for your guild (the cooldown may apply to other locations, too, but I was only trying to keep the one place, so I don't know). Also note, if the guild mechanics are bugged, the Guild Claiming NPC will tell you that you don't have permission. Try asking another guild member (who has permission) to claim if that happens.

- You can only have one place claimed at a time. If you already have a location claimed, it will unclaim your previous area.
- It costs nothing to claim.
- I don't know if it rewards influence the longer it's kept.
- Claiming displays your banner on flags around the fortification (ie, Tower, Fortress, or Supply camp).
- Any Art of War bonuses that require a fortification are activated around the fortification and applied to any ally (doesn't need to be guildmate).  For example, the +5 supply buff lets anyone on your server grab 15 supply instead of just 10 from your fortification. For this reason, I recommend only using this on supply camps because Tower/Fortresses need supply in-stock for some upgrades. Note: last time I checked, if you had 10 or more supply, you couldn't re-up your held supply to 15.
- Claiming cock-blocks other guilds from claiming the fortification and applying their active Art of War buffs to the area.
- (as mentioned above) If the claimer says you lack permission, it's due to a bug with the guild mechanics. A non-bugged member who has permission can claim the location.