Home Guilds Contact

Author Topic: Character Creation options  (Read 479 times)

July 23, 2012, 10:38:16 AM

Offline Jazrael

• Rift Runners
  • Officer
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

• Awards This title is earned by people who have done their part to further create and enhance the lore of the game for themselves and other players as well. Often in the forms of Roleplaying or Writing Fiction.
An overview of basic character creation options.

July 23, 2012, 03:42:48 PM
Reply #1

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

i have absolutely no patience for videos - i don't know how kids these days do it - but i made it nearly two minutes into that one, which is saying something.  that guy was trying real extra hard to be yahtzee whatshisname, it seemed like.  but more importantly:  i have absolutely zero experience with guild wars 1 but the 2nd one is really looking interesting!  plus it seems like a lot of folks around here are picking it up.

is there a "hey this is what guild wars 2 is about for ppl who never bothered with the first one" guide somewhere (that isn't a video, preferably)?  as i recall the main standout feature from 1 was that you just bought the game and there was no monthly fee.  is that probably going to be the way 2 works?  also i think it had some kind of create-your-own usable skills structure that is similar to the way that i also imagine in my head diablo 3 works (since i don't own that, either).  is that true?

thanks!

July 23, 2012, 04:41:47 PM
Reply #2

Offline Jazrael

• Rift Runners
  • Officer
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

• Awards This title is earned by people who have done their part to further create and enhance the lore of the game for themselves and other players as well. Often in the forms of Roleplaying or Writing Fiction.
Yes, once you purchase the game it's free to play, no monthly fee.

And yes, you can unlock and pick 4 skills to use at a time from a list of skills you unlock as you level up.

I posted some links to some sites that have tons of information to read about the game  ;) 

July 24, 2012, 07:35:24 AM
Reply #3

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

hooray!  :)  thanks a bunch!