Home Guilds Contact

Author Topic: Stress Test August 2nd  (Read 569 times)

August 01, 2012, 09:36:35 PM

Offline Jazrael

• Rift Runners
  • Officer
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

• Awards This title is earned by people who have done their part to further create and enhance the lore of the game for themselves and other players as well. Often in the forms of Roleplaying or Writing Fiction.
They will be conducting a stress test on Thursday, August 2 from 12:00 Noon PACIFIC Time to 4:00 PM PACIFIC Time.   3:00 p.m. to 7:00 pm eastern time

https://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 11:09:05 AM by Jazrael »

August 03, 2012, 08:56:15 AM
Reply #1

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

thank you so much for the note - i managed to get into this!  ...for a total of 20 mins.  :)  i started trying nearly 2 hours before it ended and couldn't log in for an hour and a half, but in the end i got a tiny, tiny taste - and i have to say, it was great!  the graphics were messed up and i spent about half my time looking at character creation / opening cinematics, but the 10 minutes of actual gameplay were really cool.  the user interface really needs a lot of help - something i doubt it will get in the next 3 weeks - but the gameplay itself was a blast.  now if i can only figure out what those buttons i was wildly spamming were doing...  :)

August 06, 2012, 11:02:14 AM
Reply #2

Offline Jazrael

• Rift Runners
  • Officer
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

• Awards This title is earned by people who have done their part to further create and enhance the lore of the game for themselves and other players as well. Often in the forms of Roleplaying or Writing Fiction.
We got in the whole 4 hours of testing.  I only had one disconnect.    The graphics are beautiful. Also, the user interface is very nice and easy to use.  The videos I've looked at so far of game play don't do the game justice.

I recall everyone complaining about how WoW looked like a cartoon, but when we got into the game it was nice.  Overall this game is more polished and complete than most betas I've been in. 

More video  *laughs*  ;P

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game-shows/guild-wars-video/guildcast-guild-wars-show/trinity-terminated/     
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 11:10:19 AM by Jazrael »

August 06, 2012, 02:54:58 PM
Reply #3

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

yes, to clarify, the reason the graphics were messed up for me was because for some reason the game defaulted to the lowest possible graphics settings.  no idea why, and i didn't realize it until after my 10 minutes were up.