Home Guilds Contact

Author Topic: Armor Previews  (Read 460 times)

August 06, 2012, 09:42:53 AM

Offline Jazrael

• Rift Runners
  • Officer
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

• Awards This title is earned by people who have done their part to further create and enhance the lore of the game for themselves and other players as well. Often in the forms of Roleplaying or Writing Fiction.
A neat site with some armor previews and other info. on game play in GW2.  These are special sets. 

http://dulfy.net/2012/07/21/gw2-armor-previews/

I think the regular armor you begin with, craft and pick up in quests looks better because it seems more like regular clothing, but that's just my taste.   Also, there are transmorph. gems so that we can keep the look we like and apply stats to it.

Here is a video of the classes and their clothing you start with, as you can see on the engineer you can choose a backpack, steampunk goggles, or steampunk monicle.  This video lets you see what clothing is on each class to start and how you can dye it.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:05:41 AM by Jazrael »

August 06, 2012, 10:52:22 AM
Reply #1

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

so cool - thanks a bunch!  i hadn't seen much in the way of engineer stuff but if they're all steampunky...  that might make me rethink my starting classes selection.  :)

the transmorg option is one of the very few things i've read about in GW2 that is a "2 steps forward, 1 step back" sort of issue.  first:  yes, they have transmorg options - totally great!  absolutely needed for the game.  but the negatives are:  you have to pay gems to do it each time, and the two items are absorbed into one item.  unlike the WoW system, which is probably the best way to do it, you end up with just a single item.  so if you want to switch back and forth between two looks:  sorry.  you have to re-farm the pretty armor over and over.  not sure why they did it that way instead of the WoW way.

thanks a bunch though for that link to a zillion armors!  very pretty.