Home Guilds Contact

Author Topic: yet another stress test  (Read 624 times)

August 11, 2012, 09:24:35 PM

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

We will be conducting a stress test TOMORROW Sunday, August 12 from 11:00 AM PACIFIC Time to 12:00 Noon PACIFIC Time.

August 12, 2012, 08:38:06 AM
Reply #1

Offline Jazrael

• Rift Runners
  • Officer
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

• Awards This title is earned by people who have done their part to further create and enhance the lore of the game for themselves and other players as well. Often in the forms of Roleplaying or Writing Fiction.
one hour.. that's just wrong  :(

August 12, 2012, 10:38:56 AM
Reply #2

Offline Agrim

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

Yeah I think I will pass on a one hour test. 

Wonder if they are just trying to pound the logon servers.

August 14, 2012, 09:43:03 PM
Reply #3

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

We will be conducting a stress test tomorrow Wednesday, August 15 from 12:00 Noon PACIFIC Time to 4:00 PM PACIFIC Time.

August 15, 2012, 07:31:57 PM
Reply #4

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

managed to get in a little play time with each class thanks to all the stress tests, and i'm really glad i did!  one class that i was just like, "pfff, whatever," was the mesmer.  i had no idea why they needed that class when you already had an elementalist and an engineer.  but i'm really glad i tried it.  it turns out, the whole "constantly make duplicates of yourself and then use them for other neat tricks like blowing them up" idea is REALLY cool.  :)  also, the class i naturally gravitated toward first is still the one i understand least, even having spent the most playtime on it and done the most research for:  poor necromancer...  how do you work?

another thing i've noticed is that your opening choices definitely affect the opening cut scenes, as well - not just your background stuff, but i think your demeanor has some effect.  it's really neat!  the temptation to purchase 3 more character slots to have access to all the classes at the get-go is extremely high...