Home Guilds Contact

Author Topic: Stress Test - Tuesday, August 21 from 12:00 Noon PACIFIC Time to 4:00 PM PACIFIC  (Read 658 times)

August 20, 2012, 10:20:00 PM

Offline Icehowl

• Guild Member
  • Level 1 Poster
    • Primary Game

We will be conducting a stress test tomorrow Tuesday, August 21 from 12:00 Noon PACIFIC Time to 4:00 PM PACIFIC Time.

We will be actively working on the game during the event, so you might experience connectivity problems or discover featu
res that are not working as designed.

Any issues you experience are a result of the rigorous conditions of the stress test, and are in no way representative of the state of the game at launch.

By participating in this stress test, you’re helping us make Guild Wars 2 a better game. Thanks for your cooperation—we’ll see you in-game!

For those who don't already know about the stress test for tuesday.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 10:21:35 PM by Talon »

August 21, 2012, 05:15:09 AM
Reply #1

Offline Agrim

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

August 21, 2012, 06:11:56 AM
Reply #2

Offline Icehowl

• Guild Member
  • Level 1 Poster
    • Primary Game

I can make it to this stress test, but I'll be forced to decide upon waking up incredibly early or not... Right now I'm tossing between playing as a spirit ranger or a warrior.

August 21, 2012, 08:52:32 AM
Reply #3

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

thanks for the notice!

also, for those who sometimes get confused on time zones (like me), here is a GREAT site!  it gives you the stress test start/end time (and game start) in your local time zone.

http://gw2.pan-dem.co.uk/

also, it makes me wonder if this will be the final stress test, given that there's only 3 more days after today until the game releases...

August 22, 2012, 04:34:17 AM
Reply #4

Offline Zoth

• Officer
  • Level 1 Poster
    • Primary Game

• Awards A member of the guild who has been around for a very very long time.
I enjoyed this test. The games seams to get better with every patch. Plus the bonus hours playing I finely got kicked at 9:05 est. I thought I was cheating the system by still playing until they posted the extended time in general chat hehe.

August 22, 2012, 07:35:29 AM
Reply #5

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

wow, two extra hours!  nice!  wish i could have played more (i only got in about two hours total), although at this point i think i'm finally starting to get comfortable with some of the game's systems.  i finally crafted my first shirt!  :)  the game still isn't nearly as intuitive as WoW - which isn't too surprising given that blizzard's strongest area in all its games is user interface design - but between the wiki and about 8 hrs of stress test time i've managed to pick up on a lot of things.  i have to say, as confusing as it can get, my favorite aspect of the game so far may be the art design:  i LOVE the watercolor + occasional realistic item look.  i also love that it permeates every aspect of their design.  the game is really beautiful, and i definitely envy marak's new rig to run it.  :)

the game has so many options for play it definitely can get overwhelming, but now that my brain is starting to wrap itself around all these options they look amazing.  you can easily level 8 different characters without even repeating the same content!  really looking forward to diving in for real!

August 22, 2012, 12:54:21 PM
Reply #6

Offline Jazrael

• Rift Runners
  • Officer
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

• Awards This title is earned by people who have done their part to further create and enhance the lore of the game for themselves and other players as well. Often in the forms of Roleplaying or Writing Fiction.
So.. they added dancing to the game and we were trying it out...