Home Guilds Contact

Author Topic: Latest Updates and Questions  (Read 421 times)

December 23, 2012, 02:15:51 PM

Offline Laz

• Administrator
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

• Awards A member with technical expertise.
FAQ

Q: When will the server be updated to Minecraft Version 1.4.6?
A: Short answer our server will probably lag behind a month in updates. Long answer is because we run our server off of a 3rd party mod called Bukkit Craft which runs most of our plugins and modifications; it takes time to update this after the official Minecraft release as well as the plugins and mods.  To update to soon would mean we would have to run the server off beta and alpha releases and likely end up crashing quite a bit.

Q: I already updated to the next version of Minecraft and now I can't play what do I do?
A: See this post, download the zip file and follow the instructions.  That will fix your problem.

Minecraft MMO Mod

MC MMO is installed on the server which allows you to develop skills in Mining, Swords, Bow etc. This also allows access to special abilities which get stronger and last longer the better you get at the skill.  Each Skill does different things and you can type /<skill name> to see info on that skill
  • As a nifty bonus I also put up a MC MMO Stats Page that you can view everyone's skill levels and see when they were last online by hovering over the name.

Mobs Drop Loot & $ Now

Hostile mobs will now have a chance to drop $ in game as well as other loot.  I am still in the process of tweaking loot tables but currently the following is true
  • Being in a party will give you a 12% boost to $ but money is also shared with other party members (use the /party ? for info on how to use party commands
  • Skeletons & Zombies (also Zombie Pig Men) all have a chance to drop all forms of armor, weapons, & tools; leather and stone being more common and iron and diamond being respectively more rare.
  • Endermen now have a respectable drop rate (about 5% for each) for all alchemy mats needed to brew potions.
  • There are some areas that give a boost to $ earned; one example is of course the nether; but there are also zones in other worlds that do the same but you can find these on your own :)
  • What can you do with $ right now? Not much yet but there are future plans in the works to set up in games shops and I've been considering a town creation mod that lets people claim property and join towns that currency will be needed for.

What does VIP status do?

There is a VIP status available in the game which I will hand out to anyone who makes a donation to the server (even if it's only $1; visit the Server Info page for a donation link)  There is no automated system for this so please let me know you made a donation (and what amount to verify) and once I see your mail I'll upgrade you.  Please bear in mind this is a donation not a subscription; once you have VIP you will not loose it or have to donate again.  This also means that what perks or abilities come with VIP may change depending on the state of the server.  Currently it comes with the following...
  • Access to the /fly & /jump commands in the primary world only (these commands will not work in the Nether or The End.)
  • Ability to set up to 5 home locations (normal is 3)
  • Allows up to 15 locked chests (normal is 5)
  • Approx 15% boost to $ gained through killing mobs
  • MCMMO skill system provides an experience boost of 50% along with slightly shorter skill cooldowns and longer ability duration's.
  • If anyone is unhappy with this I apologize but the truth is servers, and webhosts cost money...

Currently the server has 3 Admins Myself, Jaz, & Rev (GreyLycan); if you experience any issues please let one of us know. 

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 06:43:14 PM by Laz »