Home Guilds Contact

Author Topic: Old Friends & a New Game  (Read 5731 times)

June 14, 2014, 05:20:06 AM
Reply #30

Offline Hobs

• Guild Member
  • Level 2 Poster
    • Primary Game

Charter Company Name: House Karnath
Nation Name: Empire of Xeilias
Settlement Name: Golgotha
Alignments: Lawful Evil
Pax Gaming Membership Status: Mandatory
Role: Settlement Management, Recruitment, and Necromancy/Magic PvP augmentation to the Military
Voice chat: Teamspeak. Use is Recommended.

Leadership:
House Karnath is a Patriarchal House. There are several officers that will be placed within House Karnath in order to better manage Golgotha, but the majority of responsibility for the company falls to the Lord Regent and his advisers.

Player Roles Accepted:
We are strictly a PvP and management company. Skills will be devoted to augmenting the military and running the settlement of Golgotha.

Ideology:
We are an organization that represents the "government" of Golgotha. Members will be expected to focus their skills into leadership abilities, combat abilities, and management abilities in order to secure Golgotha. All members of House Karnath are representatives of Golgotha and are expected to live up to Golgothan Standards.

Who Should Join:
Roleplayers, Arcane practitioners, Necromancers, and PvPers will find a stable home in House Karnath. Whether in the Lord Regents Honor Guard or a Cabal of Necromancers anyone interested in having this level of impact on Golgotha will find a welcoming home in House Karnath.

The Companies Contribution to Golgotha:
During times of conflict we will lend our aid in order to augment the capabilities of the military. Whether it be through leadership skill training or more soldiers on the battlefield.
During times of peace we will focus on managing the settlement to increase DI as well as spread Golgotha's Influence.

June 14, 2014, 05:21:55 AM
Reply #31

Offline Hobs

• Guild Member
  • Level 2 Poster
    • Primary Game

Charter Company Name: House Winterfield
Alignments: Lawful Evil, Lawful Neutral, Neutral Evil
Pax Gaming Membership Status: Not Required
Role: We will be primarily harvesters,craftsmen and traders. We will also do POI and Outpost management.
Voice chat: Teamspeak. Use is Mandatory.

Leadership:
House Winterfield is a dictatorship with a advisory council of officers.

Player Roles Accepted:
All Commoners,Experts, Aristocrats and Traders. If 50% or more of your monthly XP is going into crafting, harvesting or refining skills. We are the charter company for you.

Ideology:
We are the craftsmen of Golgotha. Through us will the economy flow and the power/wealth that comes with it.

Who Should Join:
All those that wish for wealth through crafting, trade or harvesting. We accept all classes.

We are the engine that drives the machine of war. As Golgotha's harvesters, refiners, and crafters, we may not be the soldiers - we make the soldier deadlier. During peace we will work on making wealth and riches beyond imagination for the Empire, House Winterfield and ourselves.

June 14, 2014, 05:22:37 AM
Reply #32

Offline Hobs

• Guild Member
  • Level 2 Poster
    • Primary Game

Charter Company Name: Maelstrom
Alignments: Lawful Evil, Lawful Neutral, Neutral Evil
Pax Gaming Membership Status: Recommended
Role: We are Golgotha's Formal army, we only accept those that have interest in military operations.
Voice chat: TeamSpeak. Use is Recommended.

Leadership:
Maelstrom is fairly compartmentalized, each brigade is run by an officer and has some amount of autonomy in how they accomplish their mission. Every brigade officer answers to the general of the army.

Player Roles Accepted:
We accept all those who would like to do large scale combat, of all varieties or skill types. As long as you are willing to learn, you always have a place in Maelstrom.

Ideology:
Through strength of Arms we bring peace. We are the war machine of Golgotha, when we go to war, we are the force they call to start the siege. In times of peace, we stand vigilant, and protect our citizen's and our territory from all who might oppose us.

Who Should Join:
All those who wish to help aid Golgotha in it's goals to bring order to the world. We accept all classes, as everyone is useful to help make us the best and largest fighting force of Golarion.

We are the main military force of Golgotha, during war times we will lead the charge to take a settlement. During peace, we will protect our citizen's from the dangers of the wild, and we will guard our lands from all who would dare trespass.

June 14, 2014, 05:25:17 AM
Reply #33

Offline Hobs

• Guild Member
  • Level 2 Poster
    • Primary Game

Charter Company Name: The Bloody Hand
Alignments: Neutral Evil
Pax Gaming Membership Status: Recommended
Role: Assassinations, POI raiding, and general mayhem
Voice chat: Team Speak. Use is Mandatory.

Leadership:
The Bloody Hand is a dictatorship with a small advisory council. Large decisions will be presented to members to voice their opinion on but all final decisions are made by the Grand Master of the order.

Player Roles Accepted:
We are a strictly militant order. We do not accept those who are primarily harvesters or craftsmen.

Ideology:
We stand as an Order of warriors, thieves, assassins and evil clerics. Members will be expected to kill, and kill frequently. We live in the shadows of Golgotha. We take from those we can and complete our assigned contracts without mercy. We are the hidden blade of the state.

Who Should Join:
Assassins and raiders act as a massive force multiplier. One dagger sliding along the neck of a king can send a kingdom into turmoil. A small group of raiders can cause cities to starve and industry to grind to a halt. A cabal of necromancers razing undead can spread chaos and disorder to an enemy's lands. Anyone interested in having this level of impact on the river kingdoms will find a welcoming home in The Order of the Bloody Hand.

During times of conflict The Order will be deployed into the enemies home territory to assassinate their leaders and wreak havoc on their supply lines. We will bring the enemy to the brink of starvation and chaos before our main armies even begin to fight.
During times of peace we will accept contracts for multiple types of wet work. Assassination contracts, caravan ambushes and POI harvesting of a more aggressive nature just to name a few. This work during peace time will swell our coffers and hone our skills for when the State calls upon us again.

June 14, 2014, 08:31:26 AM
Reply #34

Offline Jazrael

• Rift Runners
  • Officer
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

• Awards This title is earned by people who have done their part to further create and enhance the lore of the game for themselves and other players as well. Often in the forms of Roleplaying or Writing Fiction.
I would like to learn more about the skills/traits available to each alignment. 

Will there be any benefit to being LN, such as walking into more settlements and learning more skills?

Have they made a list of special skills for LG, LN, and LE etc. or are they still working all of that out?

June 14, 2014, 09:42:52 AM
Reply #35

Offline Hobs

• Guild Member
  • Level 2 Poster
    • Primary Game

Again, given the smaller company and niche crowd they're catering to (think Eve Online when it first came out), they are, at least for the 18 months of EE, going to be running with minimum viable product.  That means they will work on the most crucial items first, then work their way to more detailed, corner case content as they go.

I doubt any alignment specific skills will be out at the very beginning.  Though the game is skill based, there will be archetypes (think the common classes in a typical RPG).  The starting four will be Fighter, Rogue, Cleric, and Wizard.  Many of the more specialized "classes" that will come later, such as a Paladin, will have many of the same basic fighter skills to begin with, so skills attained before the more alignment specific "classes" arrive will not be wasted.  since there is no skill cap (like there was in UO), you can't actually have "wasted" skills, just more diversity of skills when new offered skills come into game.

They have talked about alignment or even deity specific cleric skills/spells, obviously skills that only alignment based "classes" like Paladins and Assassins would use, etc.

At the beginning of EE, they have talked about having Alignment and even possibly Reputation turned off so that they can test certain game mechanics without people worrying that their Alignment or Reputation would get significantly changed by needed testing behavior (e.g. your Alignment swings from LG to CE because you keep helping test combat by attacking people in "unsanctioned" PvP).

When all those mechanics are up and running, they have always said that determining another person's Alignment is going to be tough to do, so it should be possible for people who are not exactly in the Alignment range of a player settlement to walk in unmolested.  we'll see.  Personally, I think they'll find that if its too constricting on play, Alignment may get watered down a bit, and left more to RP (where I would rather have it).

June 14, 2014, 09:20:11 PM
Reply #36

Offline Jazrael

• Rift Runners
  • Officer
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

• Awards This title is earned by people who have done their part to further create and enhance the lore of the game for themselves and other players as well. Often in the forms of Roleplaying or Writing Fiction.
I got my teamspeak set up with user name Ellowyn.

June 14, 2014, 10:52:47 PM
Reply #37

Offline Hobs

• Guild Member
  • Level 2 Poster
    • Primary Game

Marek...did that help or is there something I can still answer for you?

June 16, 2014, 09:37:28 AM
Reply #38

Offline Marak

• World of Warcraft
  • Guild Master
  • Level 4 Poster
  • Professional Smartass
    • Primary Game

• Awards A member with technical expertise.
Marek...did that help or is there something I can still answer for you?

We'll have to talk, since I can't post what I want to on here. I have been brainstorming and consulting with my inner Corin. What does lawful evil mean to me. Lets just say that when I told Jazzy what my idea was, she was quite unsettled. I took that as a good sign.

I may not be the villan Golgatha wants, but I may be the one it deserves. Muhahaha!
- Marak / Greebo / Cavindra / IzzyTheFool

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die".

June 16, 2014, 12:36:37 PM
Reply #39

Offline Hobs

• Guild Member
  • Level 2 Poster
    • Primary Game

You may be surprised.  :)

June 16, 2014, 07:29:15 PM
Reply #40

Offline TheSnork

• Officer
  • Level 3 Poster
  • Sponges... I needs em!
    • Primary Game

• Awards A member of the guild who has been around for a very very long time.

I may not be the villan Golgatha wants, but I may be the one it deserves. Muhahaha!

Is it wrong that I'm slightly aroused?

June 16, 2014, 08:11:24 PM
Reply #41

Offline Hobs

• Guild Member
  • Level 2 Poster
    • Primary Game

Okay, Marek...so I'm ready to be "unsettled". 

will you be on Ventrilo tonight?  I'm giving over my computer to my son until probably 10 pm EST (about an hour from now).  The Gideon Night in me would be happy to chat about your dark and sinister plans.

June 19, 2014, 01:30:40 PM
Reply #42

Offline Hobs

• Guild Member
  • Level 2 Poster
    • Primary Game

You PvPers need to read/watch this newest blog/vlog...they've added a new feature to the game for EE to keep us busy with possible PvP while we wait for full settlements to come in. (https://goblinworks.com/blog/war-of-towers/)

Looks like good stuff.

June 23, 2014, 12:54:15 PM
Reply #43

Offline Hobs

• Guild Member
  • Level 2 Poster
    • Primary Game

If you stop over at the Land Rush map https://goblinworks.com/landrush/, today's changes to settlement locations are now in.  If you click the green tab at the top left ("control overlay") it will turn off the settlement icons and show the settlement hex letters (easier to find things).

Golgotha is at "W" and negotiations with another PvP oriented, potentially evil alignment group have paid off to place them in "AA", just to the northeast.

We have the Northern Coalition - a non-aggression pact - between settlements at "I", "X", "AA" and "W", as well as the white horse head with the blue/white background just east of "I" (that's Callambea...they won their spot already in the first Land Rush).

To the east of all those settlements is the first starter town in the game, Thorn Keep, so we will basically be controlling all travel passing out of the starter town on the main road.  Good for trade, for catching new players venturing into the world, etc.

June 23, 2014, 03:24:21 PM
Reply #44

Offline Jazrael

• Rift Runners
  • Officer
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

*Gets her "pay tribute" sign ready for the road*    ;) 

I took the plunge and got my EE account, which gives me 2nd month access.   

Do I need to fill out an application to be a member of the PAX forums, or just wing it as a guest for now? 

Also, the "apply" button on the Golgotha guild page is for our vote for the land rush, correct?