Home Guilds Contact

Author Topic: datacrons  (Read 1074 times)

January 01, 2012, 11:08:53 PM

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

Hooray Datacrons!  Permanent boosts to your stats for the low-low price of double-cussing platform jumping!  Here are a couple of great links I've been using to cheat and find them all:

http://www.swtor-spy.com/datacrons/

http://www.ign.com/wikis/star-wars-the-old-republic/Datacron_Locations

Each link gives slightly different info; they are both useful to help you get to all the Datacrons.  Be warned:  some are so stupidly frustrating to get to it might make you throw your keyboard or possibly the cat.  My advice is not to go all Pokemon on these bad boys, but stick to the ones you need:  your class stat (i.e. Knight = Str, Consolar = Willpower, etc.), Presence, Endurance, and matrix shards.  Ignore the others for the sake of your own sanity.

But, you might ask, what about those weird matrix shards?  What do those even do?!?!

http://www.cyberneticpunks.com/forums/starwars-old-republic/7857-datacrons-everything-you-need-know.html#matrix

http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Datacron

That's right, you can make your own cool Relic that will help for a while and costs 20k to undo so you better freakin' get it right.  The place to make these things for the Republic is in the Jedi Temple on Coresant; the Sith one is something similar.  The annoying thing is that you'll probably only make one or two ever, since you'll be in your 30s before you get enough of the shards to do anything with them.

Have fun and happy hunting!

January 02, 2012, 11:55:28 AM
Reply #1

Offline Tierant

• Officer
  • Level 4 Poster
    • Primary Game

• Awards A member of the guild who has been around for a very very long time.
At level 27, had enough shards to make a level 15 relic. Not bad considerating these have no alignment. Restrictions. Would have had more if i pushed it but didnt want to go to a new world. Also can disassemble them with the right tech and cash.

Sith can make them in a cave near the dark temple on dromund kaas.

January 02, 2012, 05:26:22 PM
Reply #2

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

It seems like the level 15 relics are probably still not worth it since you'd have to pay 20k to "break" them back down, and you'll probably want to (have to?) use the pieces again.  And I can buy a regular relic for only about 1400, although it does require a very high (or very low) alignment.

So the trick to making the higher-level datacrons is getting several matrix shards of the same color.  Unfortunately, this doesn't seem possible until Nar Shadda, and then it's for all stats but Willpower (as a Sage:  natch).  I haven't found a good "by planet" listing of each color matrix shard, but so far I have seen listed:
Tython:  Blue
Ord Mandel:  Red
Coruscant:  Yellow
(The first three Sith worlds also have Red, Blue, and Yellow)
Taris:  Green
Nar Shaddaa:  Yellow

So at level 24 (about when you finish Nar Shaddaa?) you can potentially have two yellows, which can be combined with one of the other three colors to make relics for Str, Aim, or Cunning.

I don't know what order you visit the other planets, but I think Tatooine is pretty soon, and that has another blue - which gives you a total of two blues which can be used for the rest of the level 24 relics.

To get the level 32 relics, you'll need either a double red or double green.  Balmora on the Sith side apparently has another green, but frankly at this level the data gets fuzzy.  Not sure when/if the rest of these will be updated, but for the time being there's not as much data on where to get the second green or red (although it must be out there somewhere, because some people claim to have verified these recipes).

The final level 50 versions all take three of the same color and your result depends on your class type (Force users get different results than tech users).  Again, some people claim to have verified these results, so hopefully more info will be coming soon.

January 03, 2012, 11:07:16 AM
Reply #3

Offline Tierant

• Officer
  • Level 4 Poster
    • Primary Game

Level 15 datacrons are important only because they have no alignment restriction whatsoever. For people like me who play Grey a lot, that's a huge deal. Otherwise you end up with empty relic slots for who knows how long?

Also, 20k may be a daunting figure but considering how easy to make credits it is (even without slicing), it's not terrible. I consider 20k credits in TOR about equivalent to 200gp (about 20,000 copper) in WoW.

January 03, 2012, 03:20:33 PM
Reply #4

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

Well considering that no relics (or implants, or head pieces) have dropped for me from either loot OR quests for 25 levels (and the only head pieces I've even found are from social vendors), I'd say:  pretty long?  :)

I started to reply about the credits thing but I think it deserves its own thread...

January 04, 2012, 10:41:38 AM
Reply #5

Offline Tierant

• Officer
  • Level 4 Poster
    • Primary Game

I don't think relics ever drop. I think they have to be created or bought.

As for implants, i know they drop in instances, but I wouldn't count on seeing them drop from mobs. I had Juan Golbez craft me a few to hold me over, but I think they're mainly a 25+ item (just like you don't get shoulder armor in wow until level 17ish).

Helmets - same. I've found some armortech and some vendors that carry helms (especially the nar shadda commendation vendors), so I'm going with that until I get a helmet that makes me look like a mandalorian.

January 04, 2012, 01:54:11 PM
Reply #6

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

I still haven't found a single heavy armor helmet for my poor companion, much less an Aim one.  I haven't seen all of Nar Shaddaa yet though, so I still have hope.  :)

Yeah the implant thing seems like a crafting bonus thing; again, too bad we don't have guild banks.  Although I saw in the patch notes they at least fixed the guild roster today, so that's at least something...

January 04, 2012, 02:43:22 PM
Reply #7

Offline Tierant

• Officer
  • Level 4 Poster
    • Primary Game

I sometimes have guild roster issues, but pressing ctrl+u twice reloads the UI and fixes my problems.

Also, if you collect nar shadda commendations, you can go to your fleet and use em to buy an orange helmet.

If you were on sith side, I'd make some hats for you. With AIM to boot. =p

January 04, 2012, 03:19:43 PM
Reply #8

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

Definitely collecting Nar Shaddaa commendations.  Speaking of which - in a completely off-topic way - don't forget, everyone, that you can get a daily quest from your fleet location to complete a flashpoint which gives a commendation as a reward.  It's basically a free extra reward for completing a flashpoint, so grab it up!  (Apparently the minimum level is above 10, however - not sure when you can start getting it.)

Thank you for the hat offer, even if I can't take you up on it.  :)  When does armortech start to give headpiece recipes?  Synth doesn't have any at least to 140.

January 05, 2012, 05:44:15 AM
Reply #9

Offline Zoth

• Officer
  • Level 1 Poster
    • Primary Game

Cybertech makes the earpiece. send Evermore an email with what you want and i can make them for ya. Biotech makes the implants. I think level 27 is around the time you can wear an implant.
    One head option is to buy one from the social vender. They come un-modded and are ugly but once modded to your level they are just as good as a flashpoint drop. Hope this helps.

January 06, 2012, 05:29:40 AM
Reply #10

Offline Orinn

• Officer
  • Level 2 Poster
  • Service Information Network
    • Primary Game

there is also a pesky vendor out there (I will have to find them again) but will sell you an ear piece fairly cheap (random stats tho so it's by luck what you get, but there are stat bonus's) Level 18 story/quest area from what I remember.
Orinn's Service Information Network

January 06, 2012, 01:27:01 PM
Reply #11

Offline Tierant

• Officer
  • Level 4 Poster
    • Primary Game

The armortech head pieces I got were from recepies given to me by kindhearted slicers. I did find a receipie for a heavy armor headpiece that dropped in the Cademimu instance (i think).

January 07, 2012, 03:25:34 PM
Reply #12

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

The armortech head pieces I got were from recepies given to me by kindhearted slicers. I did find a receipie for a heavy armor headpiece that dropped in the Cademimu instance (i think).
Ah, that does make some sense: that you'd have to trade around or find good recipes.  I bet there are some for outrageous prices on the AH, too...

January 15, 2012, 11:27:09 AM
Reply #13

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

To get the level 32 relics, you'll need either a double red or double green.
Just FYI, for those who need two reds:  the red matrix shard on Ilum (on the Republic side) is extremely easy to get and you do not need to be above level 10 to get it as there are no monsters between the starting area and the datacron.  It's above the base in one of the round hut things.  (I went ahead and fetched it for my level 32 relic.)

For those consulars playing at home, that means you only need to get to Hoth (which has another red shard) before you can make your level 50 relic (three reds).  You still need to -be- level 50, but fortunately that means you only actually have to fetch at most 3 or 4 of these things to have a good relic for about 1/2 of the game (level 32+).  Considering how murderously difficult some of the datacrons are to access, that's definitely a good thing.

I assume that the yellow one (Empire side) is equally easy, but I haven't checked it.  This means some of you should have no trouble getting your level 24 relic early.