Home Guilds Contact

Author Topic: garrisons: TL;DR  (Read 731 times)

November 22, 2014, 07:39:15 AM

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

I realize my other post has gotten a bit unwieldy.  So here's the short, SHORT version for "just shut up and tell me what to build":

Level 1 Town Hall:
Large - Barracks
Small - Your primary profession > a profession building that supports your armor

Level 2 Town Hall:
Large - Barracks
Medium - Lumber Mill
Small -  Your primary profession(s) > a profession building that supports your armor type > Enchanter's Study

Free blueprint from Gorgrond:  Lumber Mill level 2
Free blueprint from Talador:  Barracks level 2 (use a bodyguard!)
Upgrade all other buildings to level 2 as you can

Level 3 Town Hall (level 100):
Large - Barracks, Dwarven Bunker
Medium - Lumber Mill, Trading Post OR Barn to support your armor type (use an alt for the other one)
Small - Salvage Yard, your primary profession(s) > a profession building that supports your armor type > Enchanter's Study

Free blueprint from Spires:  upgrade your 2nd medium building to level 2
Free blueprint from Nagrand:  Dwarven Bunker level 2

Then just work on getting level 3 blueprints unlocked for all your buildings.  Eventually you may replace your Barracks with a Stables and your Lumber Mill with a Gladiator's Sanctum, but that won't be for a long, long while.

November 23, 2014, 07:41:58 AM
Reply #1

Offline Sallias

• Officer
  • Level 2 Poster
    • Primary Game

• Awards A member of the guild who has been around for a very very long time.
Howdy all
Ok getting ready to get the xpack. So I am reading a lot of posts and have not kept up on what is in the new pack. what is the goals here to build your own town or fort? What about the guild? do they get to build a guild hall or fort?

once said fort is built what does that mean to the player or does not mean? if I don't want to build anything can I still advance?

November 24, 2014, 08:24:58 AM
Reply #2

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

Sallias:  WoD IS building your own fort.  That's the game; you cannot progress without starting it, and you won't be able to do anything with any profession without continuing it.  It's part of the story and you'll get there regardless.  If you want to completely ignore it, though, that's fine; other than professions, it won't do anything for you when you get raid-quality gear anyway.  It's also a HUGE gold since and time sink, but so far it's been really fun.

Nothing separate for guilds, sadly.  We are all individuals!  (I'm not.)  (Shh.)

November 25, 2014, 09:28:30 AM
Reply #3

Offline Tierant

• Officer
  • Level 4 Poster
    • Primary Game

• Awards A member of the guild who has been around for a very very long time.
This confirms my suspicions that Arabeth is several different people that combine like Voltron.  ;D

November 25, 2014, 10:43:29 AM
Reply #4

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

Totally had a Voltron.  :)