Home Guilds Contact

Author Topic: salvage yard  (Read 727 times)

December 09, 2014, 08:06:31 PM

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

I've built a level 3 salvage yard and while there are numerous reports of people getting less salvage from it, here is a hotfix from yesterday:

Salvage Yard: Awards for salvage have been split into 3 tiers based on the level of the Garrison Mission (Levels 90-94, Levels 95-99, and Level 100). Additionally, the mission needs to be successful for a chance to receive salvage with Level 100 missions having a guaranteed chance on success.

So now, when you succeed on a level 100 mission, you have a 100% chance to get salvage - and so far this has been true for me.  I haven't gotten a large enough sample to know if the "big" salvage boxes (the perk from level 3) actually have better rewards yet, tho.

Side note:  I -have- run into a weird issue where I don't get hardly any missions anymore, and I'm not sure what that's about, but it seems to have coincided with all my active followers getting to level 100.

December 10, 2014, 04:22:12 AM
Reply #1

Offline Tierant

• Officer
  • Level 4 Poster
    • Primary Game

• Awards A member of the guild who has been around for a very very long time.
the devs have mentioned that the less missions when all your followers are at 100 is something they're looking into.

Also, you play a shadow priest, right? What's your thoughts on dot-weaving?

December 10, 2014, 08:45:43 AM
Reply #2

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

You're right; I found that out as well.  So for the time being, it's actually better to have at least 1 follower who is not level 100, because you're punished for actually leveling them all up!  (Sadly for me, that means I'm just going to have to build an Inn because I've gotten pretty much all of them from questing at this point.)

Re: dot weaving, I think that I am not nearly good enough to actually pull off something that precise - and it is PRECISE, down to how to spend every GCD for like 10+ seconds.  I don't know how anyone does it while still moving around to avoid standing in the fire and also remembering all the other crazy mechanics.  I think that shadow priests have changed a lot (again) and I am definitely still figuring out how best to play them; it used to be "just get your DOTs up on everything" but now that is not necessarily the best way to play.  I think that the class itself is extremely difficult to play very well, and has been for a while, and right now even the top players are still trying to figure it out - hence the total confusion right now on stat priority.  I think my overall DPS is still pretty sad compared to other classes, but I have a feeling it's mostly because my multi-target DPS is so bad (which is a trade-off for it being so easy, I think).  In any case, shadow remains the most difficult spec for me to play and I still don't know why it's my main.  :)

December 12, 2014, 12:57:57 PM
Reply #3

Offline arabeth

• Guild Member
  • Level 3 Poster
    • Primary Game

I haven't gotten a large enough sample to know if the "big" salvage boxes (the perk from level 3) actually have better rewards yet, tho.
So, after a couple of days with two characters using a level 3 salvage yard, I guess I'd give it a slightly positive "meh."  The good news is that it's definitely better than level 2, although if level 2 is a "C" then level 3 is a C+ or a B-.  You absolutely get more stuff - so I guess you technically have more chances to get something good - but it's a HUGE range of junk.  So the theory on the forums is that the range is too big - the chance to get anything goes up, but the pool of stuff you'd actually want goes down.  I'm not sure if this is true, or if you just get a bunch more junk.  Either way, it's not worthless.

I have started to get actual gear for my character, which is different - but of course it's all been 610 or lower so far, which is useless to me.  But if it comes up with even a single 640+ piece that I can use, it will have been well-worth it, and there are reports on the forum of people getting epics from it, so we shall see.  (Like most things to do with the garrison, it's probably going to be pretty good after a long while.)